The inaugural Washington Area IT Symposium (WAITS) will be held the afternoon of February 7th, 2020.
The goal of WAITS is to bring together like-minded IS scholars in the greater DC Metro area and facilitate inter-school dialogue and collaboration. While there are many business schools in the DMV, and many tremendous IS departments each with their own talented researchers, communication between the groups is limited. This stifles synergies, creative and innovative work, and the opportunity for each of us to learn from each other. It is the objective of WAITS to eliminate this problem by coming together every few months.
- Who: All DC area business school professors and graduate students who study information systems and digitization.
- What: Getting together for a light lunch and two talks.
- Where: George Mason University’s Arlington Campus: https://goo.gl/maps/aSitqKCuNGnuBVzi6
- When: Friday February 7th, 2020
- Noon – 1: Lunch (provided) and general conversation (bring your own)
- 1:00 – 2:15: Talk Number 1: Christopher Parker (American University)
- 2:30 – 3:45: Talk Number 2: Jui Ramaprasad (University of Maryland)
- 4:00pm: Adjourn
- Why: Because we all operate around the DMV and should be working together! Also, sandwiches!
Importantly, Heng Xu from American has already offered to host our next get together later in the spring. Updates to come!
We are lucky to have two fantastic researchers giving talks during the event. Both are brand new to the DC area, so it will be a great for everyone to meet and get to know them.
Assistant Professor or Information Technology & Analytics
Kogod School of Business
Associate Professor of Decisions, Operations, and Information Technology
Robert H Smith School of Business
University of Maryland, College Park